05 February 2013

Finding Richard Parker

Tigers are extremely elusive, preferring the dense foliage of the forest to any open space where we could spot them from.  But this tiger, in his charity offered us a little spy window through the trees where we could just make out his stripes - his camoflage failing - but only if one knows specifically where to look.

He was pretty far off and all I could really see were some stripes in the forest which, to be honest, weren't so impressive.  But then when the elephant trackers went too close he let out a tremendous roar that reverberated throughout the jungle and struck deep down into my core; rattling my bones and sending my soul cowering into a dark corner.  This is without doubt the most impressive sound I have ever heard!


The elusive tiger glimpsed through a little window amongst the trees
Same photo, greater zoom

1 comment:

  1. Nice spot. We went out 4 times to search and the closest are got was some tiger poo....

    ReplyDelete