01 April 2013

Vipassana - Some thoughts

Evelyn asked if I am acared embarking on the ten days of silent meditation.  No I am not scared, but I am nervous.  I am nervous that I cannot benefit from it as much as I should.  That I am not strong or motivated enough.  I am inherently a quiet person and so shutting up for ten days does not seem much of a challange to me.  But as quiet as my mouth is, my mind makes up for.  I am a thinker and my mind is rarely quiet.  It is analysing and anticipating and calculating.  It chatters away consistently and unrelentingly on a hundred different topics at once.  The vipassana course requires not only that I shut my mouth but that I free my mind of thoughts too.  That is my challange.  

The course starts today at 2pm.  See you all in ten days!

No comments:

Post a Comment